Saturday, May 22, 2010

Chained Geese

It's the beginning of the process, but I feel like I'm making good progress.  Today, I made 36 geese and cut 50 more rectangles.  I'll probably cut quite a bit more while watching TV this evening.  Geese-making goes a lot quicker with chain piecing.
At this point, they were just half-geese.  Sad as it is, I am almost out of fabric to cut and need to find more.  Although I am behind on my geese-per-day quota, I still feel good because there is a lot of prep work that needs to be done - finding and washing fabric, cutting patches, marking the squares (you think I can sew a straight line without a straight edge?), all before the actual sewing takes place.

I do have a couple of other projects I have to do within the next two weeks (before June 4).  Dear Husband's baptism outfit just barely fits Dear Son, so I am going to make a simple white romper and use DH's vest, hat, and blanket.  And Sister's graduation party is coming up; I'm making her a Nebraska fleece blanket.  Both should be simple, but they're still projects.

Okay, off to get goosey with the rotary cutter.

TTFN  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...