Monday, May 23, 2011

Quilting Flowers

Those blocks on my ghetto design wall?  They turned into a top . . .
Which is now being quilted . . .
Since the quilt was inspired by Oh Fransson!, why not the quilting?  The tutorial is here, and it’s been going pretty well.  Right now it’s about ⅓ to ½ quilted, and another couple of evenings should finish her up.  Because I’m not so good at free handing, I sketch out a couple of flowers, then quilt, then sketch some more.  I start with the circle, then divide into 6 equal sections (because I’m anal retentive like that), and then sketch the petals.  I’m excited to get this one done, because I have two other projects on the design wall already: a pillow from a block I made during a dedicated evening of play sewing, and another baby quilt from leftover QST blocks from this quilt (I made twice as many as I needed – eek!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...