Sunday, August 14, 2011

Wall Bookshelf

My projects lately have incorporated a lot of woodworking.  On my recent staycation, I turned my carport into a workshop and worked on several projects for three full days.  They're not all done yet, but this post will begin the finished project parade.

The first thing I finished was this wall bookshelf for the playroom.  It holds all of Sam's board books, and since I hanged(?) it all he does is read his books.  I guess they are more exciting now that they are front and center for him.
The plan is from  I've enjoyed every project of hers that I have made so far.  All I had was sawhorses, a circular saw and jig saw, and a square and tape measure.  Anybody really can do it.  I stained it with a coat of Minwax English Chestnut and then used a half glaze, half Martha Stewart Caraway Seed paint mix on top.  I like how it blends into the wall but still has red undertones like the trim.

This is how I got it leveled while I screwed it into the studs.  Lots of trial and error to get the right book combination . . .
Sam likes it, I like it, so I think this one is a winner. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...