Saturday, April 28, 2012

Half a Farmer's Wife Quilt Top

I'm SO excited!  It's so pretty and is coming together really well.

Of course, the quilt is too tall for my clothesline, and the breeze was not being cooperative, but it makes me so happy.  I started working on this quilt on January 4th, so I've averaged almost a block a day since then.  I'm to the point now where I am putting together rows and just making the block or two I need as I need them.  

I got the binding fabric yesterday, which provided another little push to get it done.  I'm going to hand quilt it since I'm terrified of ruining my hard work with bad machine quilting.  This quilt definitely isn't perfect, but I've learned a lot with all the different blocks and tiny pieces.  This will be my 12th quilt, and the biggest. :-)
I love these kinds off photos . . . pretty stained glass effect through the back.


Off to work on a bunch of little projects on this pretty Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing your quilt hanging outside!
    You can really see the colors and details so lovely in your blocks. This is going to be such an amazing quilt when it's done!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...