Since he is going to be a big brother and is getting a new room and twin bed, I figured his 36"x42" baby quilt wasn't going to cut it anymore. So I made my sweet boy a "big boy" quilt. The plaids are almost all from deconstructed thrift store shirts, a la Bonnie Hunter. There are two small pieces that I bought to finish out those last few squares.
The blocks are 6"x6" and 6"x9" finished, laid out alternating. I originally was just going to outline quilt each one, but it wasn't enough, so I added more, and then more until it felt right. The quilting is not perfect, and the basting wasn't either. The backing fabric has a homespun feel to it and stretched some, so there are a couple spots where it bunched when I was quilting. (Boo!) But it is done, and I figure being my son I'll have another chance to make him a quilt.