Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sam's Easter Outfit

This post is a bit late, but that's what happens when you're without a computer for long stretches of time . . .
Pattern: Simplicity 2671
Size: 18mos
The suit is made out of navy and white seersucker from fabric.com and trimmed with blue satin ribbon from Michaels (I couldn’t find any grosgrain that matched at the last minute).  The jacket actually fit him really well straight off the pattern, but the shorts were way too wide (he’s got skinny little hips and a tiny tushie).  I took the sides in, and they still were too big and kept falling down.  And of course there were no white dress shoes or cute dress sandals to be found, so Carter’s flip flops it was.
I had the shirt that I had bought at a yard sale or consignment shop, and since he has another white shirt I figured I could use one.  I thought I would have to shorten the sleeves, but I didn’t need to.  So I just added the snaps for the tie, and that was one less piece to sew and worry about.  I could even make more ties for use with other outfits.
He didn’t seem to mind the outfit at all, which meant it wasn’t uncomfortable . . . don’t mind the picking of the belly button; he’s fascinated with that thing. 
Isn’t he adorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...