Saturday, July 9, 2011

New Curtains


We have curtains in the playroom now.  (And blinds, finally, yeah I use that word a lot). 
Aren’t they nice?  They are temporary until I find the perfect riotous fabric for “real” curtains.
These aren’t real curtains?  Nope.  Where did I get them?  How did I make them?  How much did these beauts cost?  Whoa there, Nelly.  I promise, it’s not as difficult/expensive as you think.
They are twin sheets from Wal-Mart.  Yep.  That’s right.  The cheap ones – Mainstays, $5 each.  Uh-huh.  Hung with ring clips from Lowe's (they have the bigger ones for my spray painted closet rod-turned-curtain rod).  Don’t read that last sentence or you’ll know all my secrets.  
Anywho, I was going nutty from not having curtains (or blinds).  This window gets a lot, lot, lot of sun.  I managed to find one blind but had to wait for a second one to come in stock.  With one blind hung and no curtains I was really going batty.  But I couldn’t find any cute sheets to work.  I needed two sets of twin sheets for the twin beds in the guest room, so I figured if I tried plain white ones and they looked awful I’d still be able to use the sheets later.  So I tried it, and . . .  it didn’t look too bad at all.  I can totally live with this until that wow fabric finds me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...