Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ladies' Weekend 2012

This past weekend was Ladie's Weekend.  It's a gathering of females from my mom's side of the family, usually once a year, and it's just a great time.  We watch movies, have great discussions and story-telling around the meal table, and explore the surrounding area. 

Last weekend we went to Canaan Valley, WV.  It was (not in picture order) my (great) Aunt Becki, (great) Aunt Sandra, cousins Caroline, Ann, and Kelly, my Auntie Lin, Mom, and myself. 
It just so happened to be the peak weekend for fall leaves.  So we spent a morning visiting the Leaf Peepers Festival going on in several nearby areas. There were some craft fairs, music, and good food. 






I didn't get very many pictures of the foliage, but it was pretty.  I got a few of the ferns outside our house.  They were just so neat to look at.


I so enjoy these weekends, and I love being able to spend time with the ladies in my family.  We're all already looking forward to 2013!
(The back row is signing "mouse" because of a slight mouse problem - the only issue of the entire weekend.  And Mom is holding a chicken they got her at the craft fair because my golden retriever decided to bring my dad one of her chickens as a present while she was visiting their house over the weekend.  The chicken is fine, but Mom was a little upset for a while.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...