Monday, December 29, 2014

Baci's Quilt

Today is project  number one in the parade of Christmas presents and year-end finishes.  This was a UFO - the guest room quilt - that had been in the works since at least 2012, if not before. 
The HSTs were all sewn, and all that was left was to piece the top.  Several rows were sewn in September, and then it sat.  At the beginning of December, the top was completed and quilted in utilitarian style, 1/4" on either side of all seams. 
Being very pink and not really my style now, I changed the quilt from a full-size model to a lap quilt and sent it to my husband's Baci (grandma) for a Christmas present. 
She is delighted with it and very protective of it.  And I'm glad to have a UFO done and quilt gifted. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh that must be so satisfying to finish a project that has been in the works for so long - it's really sweet and I'm so glad it's being loved and appreciated! My Christmas making list was really tiny this year so I'm loving seeing everyone else's projects!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...