Saturday, January 23, 2010

Really?

I actually decided to do this? Oh, well. Onwards and upwards. :)

I am a working woman, wife, and mom (and just a bit of a fabriholic)! I'm trying to sew more often and build up an inventory so that one day I can open an etsy.com shop and sell my goodies. My dream would be to make my hobby into a full-time job so I can stay home with my kiddo.

This blog will chronicle my sewing/quilting/crafting adventures in detail - a way, if you will, to share my projects with those who can appreciate them and avoid boring those in real life who don't (ahem . . . hubby).

Today I finished hand-stitching the binding to the baby quilt that I started back in May (before my baby boy was born - he came early and the quilt sat on the back burner for a while). It's a bit girlier than I expected when I first planned it, so it doesn't work as well for our little boy and might end up being used sparingly until we have a girl.

I also taught myself to machine quilt! I made a 36"x36" quilt for my dachshund. I figured he wouldn't care if his quilt had mistakes. I have lots of pictures, but uploading them will have to wait until tomorrow, maybe later. I was able to quilt the entire sandwich in a meandering, stippling kind of way. It wasn't too bad, but more practice is definitely needed! Tomorrow I will cut the binding strips and start sewing those on.

I have a quilt for our bed, and a quilt for the guest room that are up next (in between sewing clothes for the little one and burp cloths and receiving blankets for my inventory stash). My list of projects is always growing, and my fabric closet and dresser don't seem to be getting smaller, either.

My two favorite things I got for Christmas: The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt and EQ6.

I guess that's enough to start with.

As Tigger would say: TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...