Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snowy, Sewy Saturday

Yesterday, I cut out all the blocks and strips for the new baby quilt.
This was the view from my kitchen window this morning . . .
(Yes, I sew in my kitchen. If I didn't, I'd never get anything finished.)

I finally managed to clean my machine, and then started in on finishing the edges of the receiving blankets. I have 2 completed, one almost done, and one more to go.I didn't sew as much as I could have because I got sidetracked by my trashy romance novel, but hey, you have to take advantage of the couch by the fire on a snowy day.

Whilst watching Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting and Sewing with Nancy on PBS this afternoon, I laid out the blocks for a friend's baby quilt.I'm going to try and finish at least the third receiving blanket tonight. I have to finish them before I start piecing the quilt, and I really want to start piecing it. It should go together quickly. I just want to bang it out and see the finished product. I hope it's as cutie patootie as I envision it.

TTFN

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...