Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Punch of Piccadilly

This is my current leader-ender project.  It all started with the Piccadilly fabric (by Pamela Mostek for Clothworks) – I saw the fat quarter medley in Keepsake Quilting and had to have it, mostly for the big yellow floral.  It was my absolute favorite fabric of all time for a while, and is still up there (I even bought extra yardage to make into a toddler dress one day).  I needed something to do with the fat quarters, and I thought it would make a bright and fun baby girl’s quilt.  So into EQ6 I went.  The design is simple; I wanted to showcase the big yellow floral but didn’t like a couple of the other fabrics, and I needed to stay within my yardage limits.  I actually did have to buy more fabric but managed to find it on sale.  Each color is a different Piccadilly fabric.
 The quilt is an alternating four-patch and sixteen-patch design.  Blocks are 9” finished, and the quilt should measure 36”x 45”.  I've had it all cut out for a while, but needed to work on other projects, and then after lurking on Bonnie Hunter’s site for a bit, I decided there was no better time than the present to start a leader-ender project.  I have been piecing the four-patches while working on Farm Gal’s Folly.  They are just about half done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...