Monday, March 21, 2011

Goodwill Finds

I love Goodwill, especially now that I am decorating on a budget.  I love the thrill of finding something great for cheap.  It's how I was raised.
The basket reminded me of a post on flower arrangements that I had read on A Soft Place to Land.  The raffia is too light, so I'm going to try my hand at staining it (testing colors on an inconspicuous spot first).  Then I'll fill it with pint sized mason jars and flowers and display it in my dining room.  Cost: $2.95
The teeny wicker sleigh caught my eye, and I thought with some white spray paint (spray paint is my new BFF, but fabric's still my old) it would be so cute in the guest room filled with pink and silver ornaments at Christmas.  Cost: $0.95
The three frames are all plastic, but a little primer and spray paint and they'll be pretty and ready for family photos on my gallery wall-in-progress.  Cost: $2.35
 Some days you find nothing; some days are golden.  I always have a list in mind of things I'm looking for . . . so stay tuned for what I find next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...