Saturday, March 29, 2014

My Quilt Bucket List



I’m one for making lists.  I make lists all the time – to-do lists, home project lists, quilt/sewing lists, wish lists, I love lists.  Sometimes, though, it’s nice to consolidate them down – my quilting list for example.  So the Quilty Bucket List Blog Hop got me inspired to think about what I really want to make. 
I tried to drill down, but mine’s still lengthy.  Some of the items could be combined into one quilt, or at least grouped together in categories.  I think I’ll make a bucket list page on my blog with the complete list (including techniques and my apparel/other sewing bucket list) so it’s centrally referenced for the future.  So, here it is. 

*note, images are from my Quilting Board on Pinterest but are referenced to the original source.  Please visit the original links for additional details on these lovelies.*

Specific Quilts
Dear Jane – it seems to be the holy grail of quilts.  I recently got a copy of the book after ogling it for years online.  This would for sure be a long term project, but it might be one I have to go ahead and start – a block a week or something like that?  I want to make my blocks 6” so the quilt will fit our bed, so at some point I’ll be getting the software.  Not yet, though.  There are more pressing projects.

Starry Night (from APQ) - I love both the antique two-tone version and the scrappy modern version.  

Genome Quilt – I have been fascinated by this quilt forever.  HST’s galore.

Scrappy/Stash Busting Quilts
Medallion Quilts - Marcelle Medallion or the Medallion Quilt-Along from a couple years ago.  

Star Quilts – Radiant Star, Lonestar, Lemoyne Star, I want to make them all.
Giant Log Cabin (just one huge block making a throw size quilt)

Vintage Inspired Quilts
Wholecloth quilt – I have a couple of ideas – one a simple diamond quilted counterpane for our bed and the other using a printed fabric or vintage tablecloth for the wholecloth.  But these fascinate me.
Two Color Quiltsred and white flying swallows and a cheddar and white quilt.  One day. 

Techniques to Try
Ruched quilt or pillows – love seeing them in decorating mags.
Dresden block

Braided border/quilt
Cathedral Window – I just saw this tutorial that made it seem doable.
New York Beauty – another quilt along I didn’t participate in but bookmarked and printed off instructions.   
                                Even if it’s just a block that turns into a pillow, I have to try it someday.   
Pine Burr block – inspired by original block from Scrap Quilts by Judy Martin, published in 1985.

Current Patterns
Steampunk by Jen Kingwell
Sparklepunch – quilt along instructions by Oh Fransson!
HST Overload pattern by Red Pepper Quilts.  I’ve loved this from the first time it appeared on my computer
      screen.   
Fly Away with Me by Marge George.  I saw this quilt on the Green Fairy Quilts blog and the block of the month from Material Obsession.  What I don’t know – is the pattern available anywhere?  It’s fantastic.

1 comment:

  1. Where can I locate the green “Starry Night” quilt?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...