Thursday, May 13, 2010

Good Girl

I have been so good!  I haven’t bought material in over a month, except for one project.  I bought a yard of gray fabric with blue and what I thought was red flowers for my cousin’s nursing cover from Etsy (Gray Woodland Delight collection by Paula Prass).  Turns out the red was actually pink (my cousin hates pink).  So I went back to JoAnn’s and found some fabric that would work and purchased it (with a trusty 40% off coupon).  That is the only fabric I’ve bought!  I have so much that I purchased over the winter when I was on maternity leave and newly back to work (not to mention the ri-dunk-ulous stash I had before all that fabric buying). 
 
When I sorted and organized last week, I found that I have a box (think value pack of baby wipes box) of fat quarters, a box of holiday fabric, another two (diaper pack size) boxes of cottons for quilting (plus probably some more hiding in various places around the house), fabrics for fall dresses, summer dresses, the list goes on.  I have fabric for fancy party dresses, patterns to fill two dresser drawers, and several UFOs.  The closet is full, and there is still fabric in the kitchen and on the guest bed . . .
 
So my goal for the remainder of the year is to finish the UFOs and then use what I have!  Some of the UFOs are clothing that I never finished for myself – not sure I’ll ever be that size again, so I’ll see if Little Sis wants them.  I have several projects planned, so I just need to go down the list and do them!  I know I can’t completely banish new fabric or trips to the store completely, but I can cut them way, way back.  The remnant bin in JoAnn’s was full with new things last week, but I was a good girl and only got the boning I needed for the nursing cover. 
 
Speaking of the nursing cover, it's all finished.  This one is a light color and is not lined because Cousin lives in a hot spot. 
Here's a close up of the fabric.
Next up, I’m going to make some miniature potholders and a little apron for my cousin’s little girl as a late birthday gift (to go with her play kitchen).  I found the cutest watermelon print and a coordinating green swirl and hot pink solid for it (for $3.80 - one yard total - I really didn't have good stash to pull from for that).  And then I have to make my little sis’ graduation present (I’ll need to buy black fleece for that one, but I need to figure out my design first).  After that, I can sew for me on fun things for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...