Sunday, May 16, 2010

Strawberry Love

I got this fabric last week to make a little apron and miniature potholders for my cousin's preschooler M (she has a play kitchen that she loves).  I thought to make her a late birthday present, and since I made the nursing cover for my cousin, I decided to mail them off together.  I LOVE the three fabrics.
Here is the apron . . .
And the potholders . . .
I was going to do a quarter square triangle block but didn't feel like doing the math, so I just used the scraps from the apron and made it work.  I especially love the potholder with the skinny pink strip and skinny binding.  I wanted to keep the little 4.5" blocks for myself!  But, I have a good bit of leftover fabric and am already working on some little blocks using the scraps.

I told DH it's fun to sew with cute fabrics.  I wouldn't have thought to go buy these without this project (I was trying to find something cute, bright, and food-related in my local JoAnn's).  But now I'm in love with the bright combo and wanting to work more with these.

I hope little M has fun cooking up a storm with her accessories. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...