Wednesday, September 29, 2010

An Ocean Odyssey

It's finished.  What I've been calling the crab quilt.  It measures approximately 36"x42" and was made for our friends who own and operate a seafood restaurant and are expecting a baby this fall. 
I attached the binding incorrectly, so as I was hand-stitching it I had to rip out and redo all the corners by hand.  That'll teach me to rush. 
The main fabrics are "By the Sea" by Johnny Karwan for Clothworks.  The plaid I used for the binding is a designer fabric fabric from JoAnn - the blues and greens matched perfectly. 

Close up of the quilting - I used a horizontal continuous line pattern that looked to me like water, and of course I had to quilt a VT into one corner.
The quilt's off in the mail now, since I won't be able to make the shower - I hope it gets lots of love and use!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...