Thursday, April 29, 2010

Another One For The List

Because it's not already two pages long . . .

But I was Googling quilt images (I do this every so often), and saw this one at Genome Quilts.  I at first thought the rotation of the blocks was random, but then I started reading . . . and found out that Beverly St. Clair uses the four gene bases (Adenine, Cytosine, Guanine, and Thymine, remember your biology?) to write the code for a gene in quilt blocks!  The nerd in me rejoiced.  So now I have to make the red cone quilt, and I want to track down some other gene sequences to make my very own new genome quilt.  Of course, this will happen many moons from now, after I cross some other projects off the two page list . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...