Double Star Creams copyright 2010 Rachel Ashby, Farm Gal Designs
There's still a little fudging to be worked out on the outer border to get the pinwheels completely square, and the inner border will be strip pieced (not blocks), but it's a good start.
Obviously, I got the idea for this project in Fall 2005 when I was engaged, and have been working on it (or not working on it) since then. I finally decided I was tired of it sitting and made the decision to finish it. My goal is to have it completed by the end of the year (12/31/2010). Completed as in quilted and bound - completely and utterly finished. That means I have a lot of work to do, especially considering the other projects I have going on or want to do this year as well.
I had done some of the basic piecing a while ago, and this weekend pulled the bag out and did some more. I had several blocks with the quarter units done, so all I had to do was attach them to the center square. I've finished 9 blocks of those and worked on more of the quarter units for additional blocks.
A couple of individual blocks (some of the better planned ones).
I have 13 of 42 double star blocks complete. And I haven't even counted how many pinwheel blocks I'll need yet.