Friday, April 16, 2010

A Work in Progress

Well, I dragged out the big blue tub from the bottom of my craft closet and started sorting and taming.  This is the big blue tub that has been with me since high school and is full of scraps and random fabric.  It takes up the entire bottom of the single closet in the guest room (now my craft closet).

Bonnie Hunter says to cut for 15 minutes at a time, but I'm a bit obsessive and did probably an hour.  So far, I've found 5 fat quarters, about 4 yds of fabric (a few pieces from 3/4 of a yard to >2yds), several patterns, two partially completed cross-stitch kits, and tons of scraps and nice sized pieces of fabric that I can put with the FQs.  There was this lovely windmill print.  I cut it into small pieces - like Bonnie says "if it's still ugly, it's not small enough!"  For those of you who like this - the camera flatters it.  It's not even this pretty in real life.

And here is the burp cloth I finished last night.  It was just what I needed to get me going again.  A quick, easy project (especially as I had already cut and pressed the pieces).  If I ever get an Etsy shop up and running, it will be for sale.  I am making a baby quilt with the remaining fabric, eventually.


Well, it's late, and I have lots of cleaning to do in the AM, so I'm signing off.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...