Sunday, August 8, 2010

Giant Pincushion!

I saw the giant pincushion that Vicki at Spun Sugar Quilts made, and that she did a sew-along, and since I had to use a stack of patchwork squares for a pincushion the other night, I decided I needed one.
I used freezer paper for my templates and hand quilting thread.  The fabric is Legacy Studio from JoAnns.  I got 1/6th yard of each, and ended up accidentally cutting too many rectangles for the diamonds.  I think I'll do some kind of mini quilt with the extra.

Progress shots:
The hand-stitching was very easy and actually fun.  :)  I forgot to keep taking pictures once I started assembling.  I happened to have some polyfill in my big tub, and used it right up to stuff.
And . . . here it is!  I used coconut buttons and put one on each side in case I get bored and want to switch it up.
Love it, absolutely love it.
It really is huge.  Flip side.
If you have the chance, you should make one!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes girl....I nearly made one of these the other day...I wasn't sure my pattern dimensions were right though. Your's is fantastic! I LOVE this design and you have such a cute blog too!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...