Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Finally!

I have been on a sewing hiatus the past few days. Not intentional, more a result of being overwhelmed with working, mommyhood, and wifedom. It’s not easy to do all three and get sewing in. Thursday night I tried to quilt some more butterflies and broke a needle on the first one. I decided it was just not my night. Sunday afternoon I finally got to the fabric store for some notions and their big sale – batting and thread was 50% off, so you can guess what I got a bunch of. They also had some cute monster-print fleece that I grabbed for the little one, some for a sleep sack and some for a fleece pullover next fall.


Monday I had off for Presidents’ Day and went to Sew Biz, a local quilt shop that I am rediscovering (I have been there only infrequently in the past). They have a lot of the big name fabrics I love (Kaufman, Hoffman, Moda, etc.), and buying there is cheaper than buying online and paying shipping. They also have some notions at lower prices than JoAnn’s regular prices, so I figure I’ll support a local business when I can. I got a bunch of fabric I had been waiting on, and then came home to get some things finished. I am starting to have a real backlog of projects . . . and I said I was going to try and complete things this year.


I sat down and finished up the last butterflies, then started the stippling of the background fabric. Right now I have three rows and the outer border left. It’s so close I can almost taste it! This Baby Beahr quilt has been a big project, but I’ve learned a lot from it. I can’t wait to finish it so I can move on.


Yesterday evening I cut out the binding strips for Baby Beahr, a sleep sack, cut pieces for a new (for sale) baby quilt, and washed and cut some for the next friends’ baby quilt.


Today I ordered the rest of the fabric for some projects and some dinosaur appliqués. I think I’ll do some different things with them as I’m inspired – burp cloth, bath towel, overalls, onesies, etc. There was a lot of other stuff I wanted to order, but I’m really trying to be good and not buy too much. (Still, I’ve added to my stash more than used from it this year.)


Here is my latest list of projects (at least for the near future, I have lots more floating around my head):


To Sell:

Picadilly baby quilt

Snorkel diaper burp cloths

Chicks baby quilt

Baby blue minky burp cloths

Alphabet sundress

Barbie Clothes

Bunny Baby Quilt

Crab Baby Quilt

18” Doll Clothes


Quilting:

Baby Beahr Quilt (finish by March 11th, in progress)

Friends’ Baby Quilt (by March 11th)

Master Bedroom Quilt – changed design, need to measure bed, piecing in progress

Guest Room Quilt – need to measure bed, figure out fabric placement, etc.

Riviera Lap Quilt (Riviera Charm Squares and Fabric from stash!)

Yellow Gypsy Paisley Throw Quilt

South Seas Rose Fabric Throw Quilt – need to finalize design

Secret Project

Farmer’s Wife Sampler Quilt w/Civil War Reproduction Fabrics

Scrappy Quilt from Stash

Blue Flower fabric throw quilt – need to finalize design


Sewing:

Work Skirts (ASAP)

Sleep Sacks (ASAP)

Flannel Onesies (ASAP)

Shark PJ Pants (ASAP)

Cloth Diapers

Shoes/Booties

Work Shirts

Dresses

Overalls for little one (1 pair from truck stash fabric for spring/summer)

Bubble in Green Plaid from stash (Easter)

Stuffed Elephant – should be interesting, 1st stuffed animal attempt

Clothespin Holder

Pillows for Master Bedroom & Guest Bedroom

Hooded towel from red terry cloth in stash

Something from Truck Thermal Knit Fabric


I know this list is ridiculous, but I do so love playing with pretty fabric!


TTFN :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...