Sunday, February 7, 2010

Quilting butterflies

I started quilting the baby quilt today. Yesterday I laid it all out on my kitchen floor and pinned all the layers together. My knees hurt a little afterward. The first couple of butterflies were tough because I was nervous not to mess up the quilt, but once I got into the groove things started to flow better. I'm doing 4 different butterflies, but most of them are one design because I thought it would be the easiest. Turns out, the ones that look more complicated are the easiest to do! I'm about 1/4 done with the butterflies. I hope to have this thing finished by next weekend, because I got the invite for the next friend's baby shower, and I have to get that one going earlier than expected! I was going to do a different design, but in the interests of expediency, I may make another of the Baby Beahr quilt, but in different fabric. And that means ordering some online and another trip to Sew Biz!

I also had a friend's mom ask if I knew how to do t-shirt quilts. So I may end up with a commission here shortly. (I haven't done one, but they are simple to do.)

Okay, back to more butterflies before the Super Bowl!

TTFN :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...