Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sleep Sacks

Last night I whipped up a monkey sleep sack for my little one. His room is a little chilly, so he needs a little extra warmth at night. He only had one that fit, so I drafted a pattern from it a couple weeks ago, cut out three sleep sacks from fleece that I bought at 40% and 50% off, and started sewing.

I used my trusty J-foot to do a combined zig-zag and straight stitch. And zippers are easy when you can do each side separately and not have to worry about covering the zipper, etc.

So after cleaning this morning, eating lunch, and putting the little one down for a nap, I whipped up these two . . .

The red monster fleece is the absolute best! After I got some for the sleep sack, I had to go back and get more to save until next fall for a little fleece pullover sweatshirt. On the red one, I decided to change it up and use a straight stitch, double-stitching the armholes, neckline, and zipper front. I timed that one, and it took me 27 minutes to sew. So including cutting time, from start to finish for one sleep sack, it takes less than one hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...