Saturday, July 24, 2010

Green Skirt

The green skirt is coming along. I finally got started on it after finishing up a chain of geese and changing out my thread.  After spending an evening sewing the side seams and applying the fusible interfacing to the yoke sections, last night I put the yoke on the skirt. I did a test fit, and it looks like it will be okay, although I’m not enamored with how big it is . . . (that’s why I need to exercise, so I can get back to my old, more attractive size). Next up is the zipper. It definitely does need a lining/slip, but I’m not sure I want to figure out how to put a lining in that skirt. Yes, I made up a lining, but I think to put it in I would have to rip the yoke off and re-do it, and I don’t want to do that. I guess I could just attach it to the yoke facing and then topstitch through all layers . . . maybe I’ll try that. Once this stinking thing is finished, I’ll need to try and find some kind of green top to wear with it, otherwise I believe it will be black or white tops only. And then it will be on to the dress, which will hopefully fit well (considering all the adjustments I made to the pattern) and look flattering. I actually really want to make the jacket to go with it, but one thing at a time. I have quite a bit of scrap fabric left over from both – I’m going to cut them into my scrap sizes for quilting since the fabrics are a linen/cotton blend (55/45).  I folded it in half for this picture - shhhh!
In other news, I found out that another friend is pregnant. Now I have to figure out a quilt for her! She’s not due until early next year, so I have a little more time to get ideas for that one, thank goodness! It looks like she’s going for a bit of a jungle theme, so at least I have a starting point . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...