Well, I didn’t get near as much sewing done as I had hoped, but I did make some progress. When we finally got to the resort and got settled, I pulled out my supplies and started working on the sling (from mykarmababy.com with a couple modifications). The ladies were skeptical, since I wasn’t using what they would call a pattern, but after figuring out the modifications I needed, it went together quickly, and by 1:30am (I didn’t start until about 11pm or later), I had a new sling. I haven’t put a pocket on it yet, and after thinking about it I know a few things I could do to improve it, but it works. I used it on Sunday while walking around Colonial Williamsburg and at the VT v. UConn. NIT basketball game.
The Capitol Building at Colonial Williamsburg
This picture doesn’t really do the sling justice.
But this one does!
Saturday afternoon I cut out all the pieces for my nursing cover, but didn’t begin assembly because we were watching girly movies, and I didn’t want to mess with people’s hearing by running my is relaxing to me. I have a hard time just sitting still unless I’m tired or sick or am really into a movie/show. . The ladies were telling me I needed to relax, and I told them sewing
I thought to finish the nursing cover the beginning of this week, but between NIT basketball games and choir practice, it will be Thursday by the time I get to do any sewing. *Sigh*