Wednesday, March 17, 2010

UFOs (that haven't even been started . . .)

This is my newest project – making some of the dratted burp cloths to sell.  I bought all this material for them and then promptly lost my motivation when I decided to fall in love with quilting and sewing for my baby.  So I started Monday, pressed the diaper, cut out the floral fabric, and cut the trim to the correct length. 
I figure maybe tonight or tomorrow night I can do the sewing part.  But then I thought, do I really want to make 7 more burp cloths just like this one, or would I rather make a baby quilt with the remaining fabric and some coordinating solids and small prints?  Why do I even get these ideas? 
 
Of course, I’ve now designed a simple quilt to use up every last little bit of the remaining fabric.  If I ever get my walking foot ordered, I could do some very simple straight-line quilting and bang out that project in no time.  (And never have to see that fabric and feel guilty again.)
 
But I still don’t know why I can’t just follow through with the original plan.  Me and my ideas . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...